Nominate a Distinguished Artist
Distinguished Artist recipients are selected by an arms-length, peer review panel comprised of provincial and national arts experts with extensive experience in a range of arts disciplines. The jury process is overseen by the Banff Centre, Secretariat for the Awards.
The next Distinguished Artist Awards will occur in 2023. Nominations will be accepted starting in November 2022.
To prepare for the nomination:
- Ensure the nominee is a Canadian citizen, lives in Alberta, or has had a significant connection to Alberta over time.
- Speak to your nominee, let them know you will be nominating them, ask for a current CV and have them complete and sign the Nominee Information Release and Consent Form. When completed, have your nominee return the signed form to you, the nominator. This is one of the required documents you will include with your Distinguished Artist Award Nomination.
- Write a document of no more than three pages, single spaced, explaining why this nominee merits Alberta’s top recognition for artistic achievement. Include highlights of the nominee’s artistic achievements and/or their contribution to advancing their artistic discipline. If the nominee does not currently reside in Alberta, clearly outline their connection to Alberta and their contribution to growing our province’s arts and culture.
- Complete all the fields of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta Distinguished Artist Award 2023 Nomination.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Distinguished Artist Award 2023 nomination process.