Nominate a Distinguished Artist
The 2021 Distinguished Artist Awards will take place in Lac la Biche on June 12, 2021. The online nomination process will be open early December, 2020 to February 21, 2021.
To prepare for the nomination:
- Ensure the nominee is a Canadian citizen, lives in Alberta, or has had a significant connection to Alberta over time.
- Speak to your nominee, let them know you will be nominating them, ask for a current CV and their complete contact information.
- A signed agreement (available on nomination portal) from the artist to have the nominator include this info with the nomination is required.
- Write a document of no more than three pages, single spaced, explaining why this nominee merits Alberta’s top recognition for artistic achievement. Include highlights of the nominee’s artistic achievements and/or their contribution to advancing their artistic discipline. If the nominee does not currently reside in Alberta, clearly outline their connection to Alberta and their contribution to growing our province’s arts and culture.
- Fill out the contact information online and upload the nomination and CV documents.